Applications for Michaelmas Term 2022
Couples Accommodation 2022-2023
- Our couples and family accommodation has now been let for 2022-2023 and our current tenants have signed fixed-term agreements until 31 July 2023. It will rely on tenants requesting to leave early for any further accommodation to become available. Please contact us directly by email to verify whether we have been notified of any current tenants wishing to leave early.
Singles Accommodation 2022-2023
- Most of our singles accommodation has now been let for 2022-2023 and our current tenants have signed fixed-term agreements until 31 July 2023. Please contact us directly by email to discuss any of the limited accommodation that may still be available.
Due to the shortage of University and College-owned single accommodation in Oxford, demand currently exceeds supply. We are very aware that securing suitable accommodation is especially difficult for graduate freshers overseas, unfamiliar with Oxford, and unable to attend viewings. For this reason, the Graduate Accommodation Office operates a tiered waiting list system that prioritises graduate freshers.
The singles waiting list is therefore organised into three tiers:
- Tier 1 - first priority: An overseas graduate fresher
- Tier 2 - second priority: A UK graduate fresher
- Tier 3 - third priority: Returning graduate students and students who have previously undertaken a degree in Oxford.
Returning students will only be allocated single accommodation if all freshers have been housed. If you fall into this category, we would, therefore, advise you to look into alternative accommodation sources, as we may not be able to confirm whether you have been allocated accommodation until later in the year.
Couples and family accommodation
The couples and family accommodation waiting list is not subject to the same tiered system, and applications will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis in waiting list order. Priority for 2 bedrooms and 3 bedroom accommodation is given to couples with children. For more information, please see our occupancy policy.
Applicants with disabilities
The University has a range of rooms suitable for applicants with a disability, and we will also make other adaptations where we can. Please make us aware of any specific requirements you may have when you fill out your application form.
We would also recommend that students register with the Disability Advisory Service (DAS), as they will provide specialist advice and assistance regarding facilities across the University.